ABOUT YATES GARDEN DESIGN
Jennifer possesses an extraordinary ability to create balanced environmental conditions, drawing inspiration from her deep artistry, to provide a harmonized design.
Jennifer has a profound love of the natural world that began with a childhood discovery of “Queen Anne’s Lace” on Nantucket Island that turned into a lifelong study of plants and the natural world.
She has studied natural design and horticulture from Singapore to England, Florida to the New York area, where she conducts workshops and seminars on topics such as Rain Gardens, Sustainable Garden Design, Herbs for Health, Interior Plantscapes and other topics on sustainability and preservation of the environment.
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture with a minor in Architecture from Rhode Island School of Design, with concurrent study of Art History at Brown University.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Certification.
- A student of Horticulture at the New York Botanical Gardens.
- Training with leading teachers of sustainable gardening – Dan Kitteridge and John Ramos.
- Study of Feng Shui with Master Lynn Yap in Singapore.